Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fantasy Books

I just finished reading The Hobbit last night, after playing and winning our game of Talisman - The Magical Quest Game (which is a freaking awesome board game that any fan of board games and fantasy would love). It's really crazy that I hadn't read such a legendary fantasy book considering my love for fantasy. I've been meaning to read it for a while, and finally I just picked it up and finished it in about a week or so. I really enjoyed it. I thought it would be more of a kid's book than it was, but it was more on par with the LOTR trilogy, maybe just with a lighter tone and a single storyline. For anybody who hasn't read it and is looking for a highly enjoyable and light-hearted story to fall into, I highly recommend pickin it up :)

Now having read The Hobbit finally, I am looking forward even more to when the movie (actually 2 movies: 1 based on the Hobbit and the other bridging the Hobbit and LOTR) comes out, which will likely be 2-4 years. I'm sure Peter Jackson will bring the same artistic genius to these films as he did with the LOTR, so we'll all be in for a treat.

While we're on the topic of great fantasy books, you all should go pick up my bro's book, The Power Within: Book 1 of the Quest for Saerwen (which you can pick up here). I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading the real finished copy, which is on its way! I think you all will be very impressed by how it turned out. Props to you Ryan--when's the next one coming out?!?

Yeahoo for fantasy books and fun reads!

No comments: