Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Oh computers...

So, the past few weeks have not been kind to the Harrell-Delaney household when it comes to computers. First it started with Melanie's macbook.

About 2 weeks ago, her macbook froze up on her and she was forced to force restart it by holding down the power switch. And wouldn't ya know it, when she turned it back on, it wouldn't load up like normal. To make a long story short, after about a week of runaround with Best Buy and the " Geek Squad" we found out that the desktop wouldn't load up like normal because the hard drive had crashed and needed replaced. Thank goodness we picked up Best Buy's accidental coverage so replacing the hard drive didn't cost us anything. However, for us to recover all of the files she had on there it would cost us at a minimum of $300, but much more likely to be around $600-$1600, which is much more than we could afford to spend on such a task. So, Melanie lost a whole bunch of school documents that were not backed up on any of the various places that files get backed up on. Sucky suck suck...

Well, that brings us to today...

This morning, we had to make another trip to Best Buy(well technically Melanie did)...for my computer that is. I woke up to find out that Melanie had spilled some coffee into my laptop and it was no longer working. Sucky McSuck Suck... Melanie took it in and they were able to backup all the files I wanted off of it and they sent it off to determine what needed replaced--most likely the mother-board. I should have it back within 10 business days at no cost because, again, thankfully we got the accidental coverage for my computer when we bought it. Poor Melanie felt so terrible and was so frustrated about it...two computers within the span of 2 weeks broken while in her hands. She said she doesn't want to hold another computer again.

But it turns out, we just got back from another trip to Best Buy to pick up her repaired macbook which finally was ready to go. So, she indeed is holding a computer as I type this (I'm using Melanie's work's laptop, that she is allowed to borrow). We take a computer in, we get one back...I'm just wondering what computer we'll have to take in when mine is ready?!? eek...

Oh computers, I love thee...and...I despise thee ;)

2 comments:

McCreight said...

Hilarious.
I'm glad that things are currently alright with the computers though (fingers crossed!).
Nice blog btw.

delaneytw said...

Thanks diggity...I'll keep ya updated on our computer woes or hopefully lack there of.